March 2010 Recife, Brazil. (Photo courtesy of Kathryn Sparks)
Adam and I are so very exited to travel to Recife, Brazil, in early September. We'll be partnering with the South American Mission (SAM) and Harvest Church on a short-term missions trip, while serving alongside our friends Kathryn and Justin Sparks, their family friends the DeLilles, and the full ministry team of both Brazilians and Americans.
- Recife, Brazil
- Population: Almost 4 million
- Language: Portuguese
- Setting: Large urban area located on the Atlantic Ocean
PURPOSE OF OUR TIME IN BRAZIL
This trip is designed to assist the ministry of Craig and Mary DeLille and to better serve the needs of the community. The work will include construction and gardening support in addition to crafts, sports and music ministry initiatives.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We'd certainly appreciate your thoughts and prayers for our team as we travel to Recife. In addition, we'd LOVE if you're able to donate any of the following items (used or new) or help us check-off items on our Amazon wish list.
- New or gently used arts and crafts supplies: glue sticks, crayons, paper, children's crafts
- Personal care items: travel soaps, shampoos and toothpaste
- New or gently used kids games and toys: bubbles, jump ropes, puppets, etc.
- New or used soccer balls and pumps
- Used soccer cleats, jerseys, apparel 6. Gardening gloves: adult and youth sizes
(OR) MAIL/DROP OFF ITEMS DIRECTLY Donations due September 3 Email us for current address if needed. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com